Friday, July 19, 2013

A Sunny Day Downtown (EastSide) part II

Upon entering A&W, I could immediately notice the judgement and shock that came upon the faces of the cashier, customer in line, and other guests at the restaurant.

We stood in line patiently just long enough for me to get the homeless man's name (Jerry) before the cashier proceeded to ask, "What can I get for you sir,?"

"I'll have a large coke," I paused, and looked towards the Jerry to my left, "What are you hungry for?".


"Teen Combo", he answered back with confidence and a grateful smile. I looked at the cashier and relayed the information back to her questioning face, an eyebrow raised as if seeking reassurance, " Large coke, and Teen Combo for this gentlemen right here".

Morgan Steve and 'Jerry' quickly found a quiet seat in the corner and began to talk whilst I waited in line patiently for our food to be ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment