Friday, July 19, 2013

A Sunny Day Downtown (EastSide) part I

Beautiful day to walk around downtown today, met up with few buddies
Chinatown, W.Pender / East Hastings
Morgan and Steve and decided to go on an adventure.

Since they were here from the states and have already been to the classical 'tourist attractions',

I've decided to show them around the back alley adventures of Van.




After quite a while of stumbling around Chinatown for awhile looking for the direction to Granville Island, I was beginning to doubt my sense of directions.


Suddenly out of nowhere, my eyes came across a homeless person who reminded of 'Jesus' as portrayed by Mel Gibson in 'Passion of the Christ' ; the beard and hair at least.

Spontaneity, randomness, an urge, whichever you prefer to describe me being compelled to speak with this person.


I walked up and said to him " Hey man, how's it going, do you know how we could get to McDonalds from here?",

"Yeah, it's down this way on your right," he replied. "You hungry?" I asked, "Hey why don't you come along, I'll get you something to eat in exchange for your life story."

After a few minutes of walking we decided to settle at an A&W, due to closer location and the soreness of my feet.




No comments:

Post a Comment